Sunday, October 22, 2006

Climate Change march

Hey guys!

It's been a while... busy week here in London (and busy weekend..)! To be frank I have not much to say, other than "The Departed" from Martin Scorsese is a pretty good movie,my movie of the year personally - but I cannot remember seeing more than 3, so?!? Actually, I watched another good film/documentary/fiction on Mr B*$sh a$$a$$ination produced by the BBC - small budget but really interesting.

No kidding other than that I've been working hard to make stuff happen. It's a bit crazy, when you want something to happen, you need to do it! (it's sounds obvious but it is not that obvious - anyway this is no website to complain..) So let's just say things are now moving, slowly but surely! Patience will be rewarded!

Finally, you may have received an email from me or someone else, but in any case below is a link to a website about Climate Change. They are advertising a march in London and other major cities in the world on Saturday 4 November. I might go myself. I am starting to think/realise this is a massive issue, and not for our children. No, this is for us to sort. Not in the future, no, right now.

www.campaigncc.org

For me the point is not to cry and try to be full green and go back to living in the wood, not at all. I love the city life and the modern world. But we need to manage it and take some action to control and slow it down. Just a fact (well more a blur forecast..), imagine the UK under water? Imagine 500 000 000 people from Asia having to move from one country to another over 10 years - I can see a lot of line-up at the custom and the visa offices!!!And maybe some war on the back of it? How about fighting to live on a mountain?? How about fighting for water instead of fighting for oil?

That brings me to Quebec, Quebec needs to take the lead on managing its water reserves effectively. I am not too sure what is hapening in Quebec at the moment, but I hope the government is not selling our water to some stupid corporation (for silly money..) and stuff like that.. Certainly something to look into.. If I was journalist this is what I would be investigating day and nights!!

In a nutshell, Quebec is very well positioned to be a global leader in energy and ressources in the future, so let's make sure it doesn't screw up!

OK, have agreat week and don't worry too much about it, I have faith in the human race although I don't tryst anyone ;-) Think positive 'stie!

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to see the Departed today so I've got big expectations now...

4:07 pm  
Blogger Derek Wall said...

hope you enjoyed the march, also look out for the Plane Stupid action against short haul flights on Monday,

http://another-green-world.blogspot.com

7:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home